Players: hill_berries vs RFR_Gold
Game Type: AoE kor 2.0
Map: Highland No River
Point-of-view Game 1: Watcher (mikel watching hb)
Point-of-view Game 2: Watcher (mikel watching goldy)
Great news, fellow RoR Lovers!
A new and improved version of RoR has been released. And there are great possibilities for additional features to be added.
Age of Empires HD and Rise of Rome HD are massive updates for the original Age of Empires game and its expansion Rise of Rome. Best of all, it is free and available now! To play, Download Voobly then join the Age of Empires Lobby for Age of Empires HD or join the Rise of Rome Lobby for Rise of Rome HD and Voobly will automatically upgrade your game.
The key features include upgrading the game engine to support modern resolutions, including high definition resolutions 1920×1080, and widescreen displays (the original versions only supports up to 1024×768 resolution). Along with many other features.
Much more information available at http://rorhd.tk/
- High definition resolution - Full HD and widescreen resolutions are available.
- Random Civilizations - You are able to select “random civilization” where a random civ is selected each player in the game gets a unique civ chosen at random.
- Anti-Cheat - Voobly has spent over 7 years developing and updating the only working Anti-Cheat System for the Age of Empires Series to provide the best protection against all cheats. (Including maphack or nofog).
- Random Teams - When you select ?, the game will randomly match up the players on each team to make it 1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4,etc.
- Mirrored Civilizations - This option allows each team to receive the same civilizations as the other team, providing a more even match up in your game by eliminating the possibilities of having a team with all weak civilizations. So, e.g.: in a two vs. two the civs that are chosen might be Minoan and Greek and each team will have one person as Minoan and Greek.
- New Map Types - You can now choose Continental with rivers (shallows) and without.
- Colored Chat Text - chat text will show in the color of the players name.
- 300 – 1000 Population Limits - You can select population limits up to 1000, including 300, 350, 400, 450
- Multiple Monitor Support - If you have multiple screens you can now enable the multi-monitor support on Voobly and the game will span across all your screens. The only requirement is that you set your the monitor on the left as the primary display within Microsoft Windows display settings.
- Window-Mode - It is possible to launch in window-mode, simply click the “Game” button in your game room and select “Directx” and check the “Render in 32bit color” and the “Start in window-mode”.
AoE in 1920*1080.
To use this feature for a single screen in any game room select “Force Desktop Resolution In Game”. The options are shown in the screenshot below:
If you want a different resolution then your default desktop resolution change your resolution before you launch the game:
Much more information available at http://rorhd.tk/
If you have any suggestions or comments on this update please contact me at any time here at rornews.
In the coming weeks they will also look to launch a 1.0 version and bring over as many Vietnamese/Chinese players as possible.
Come join us at Voobly and play an improved version of RoR where Magma’s no fogging won’t be an issue any more!
Just like the The Lagotto Romagnolo dogs are famous for using their accute sense of smell to find truffles, I’ve been known to catch even the most elaborate smurph attempts.
This time, however, it was easier than pwning VN and Master 2v2 Koson, with dat gnarly choson pwnerer as pard.
So, MUHEET thinks it is a good idea to first post as GanGnAm and be like “wahh, who is MUHEET??!??!?!”, and then 6 minutes later “wahh wahh wahh I don’t play ror anymore”.
That itself is one hell of a tell-tale sign, to say the least. And while that was suffice PROOF in its own right, the level of epic phailedness does not stop there. I kid you not – this kid actually used the same computer and IP to make both posts. Smart. LOLZ!
Have a look at this week’s edition of ‘A Tale of Epic Phail”:
What a stupid ass attempt, to a) post with 6 minutes inbetween and b) using same IP. But we do thank you, MACHMOOD MOHAMMED ALLIH ABDULLAH, for giving us the chance to enjoy your epic phail.
Teh epic phailedness continues… Now Machmehammoudedued’s imaginary cousin has entered the picture. It appears he too ‘uses the same computer’ as his ‘cousins’ MUHEET and Gangnam. ROFLOLOLOLMAOLOLHAHALOL. Also cute to note that MUHEET’s explanation is that they are brothers. Let’s play with the thought that it is true that MUHEET and Gangnam indeed are brother. Then, how come Gangnam’s response was:
“and let me tell you guys something who the hell is muheet?”
He does not know his own brother? The same very brother he shares a computer with? HAHAHAHA
Note how his “cousin” is talking shit to this RFR_Maverick character. To me that seemed a bit conspicuous, so I did a bit of additional digging to see what that’s all about. Surprise, surprise, this guy uses the same computer as well.
Dare I say ROFLOLOLOLOOLMAO, EPIC PHAIL LULZ?!
Keep it up, brah! We’re having a good laugh.
PS. I guess there is a possibility only one computer exists in entire Pakistan? Lulz.
Players: hill_berries and his puppets
Game Type: Cho War
Point-of-view: hill_berries (Real POV)
Headless chicken with very accurate keyboard!
LISTEN UP, AND LISTEN UP REAL GOOD! THIS IS NO JOKE!
Yours truly was just contacted by mYsTiKaLSouL and hill_berries, and they had some interesting things to say.
Methuselah: i think we could take rider and tiny easily atm, heh
gnarly choson: yeah man
gnarly choson: they sux
gnarly choson: goldy set it up bitch
Methuselah: i’ve beaten both in 1v1 hitt and rider folded like a sack of shit vs my choson
gnarly choson: GODLY SET IT UP, ISSUE OFFICIAL CHALLENGE ON RORNEWS NAU
THERE YOU HAVE IT, NUBS! Heelio and Dane challenges Tinneh + Rider for 2v2 Reg DM!
Rider and Tiny, the ball’s in your court. Do you accept?!
Top 5 Emo
1) mYsTiKaLSouL – complex passive aggressive emo, very passionate about RoR, takes it to heart and cares at unprecedented levels. Can’t hide teh EMO when criticized, and that is when is emo is at best.
2) 4Givin – It is always saddening when a cool guy falls under teh spell of teh EMO. This guy has made a complete 180 from total chillness to utter passive aggressiveness and uptightedness.
3) Powerfulness – complex emo. Tries to act calm and all “i don’t care at all”-ish. But no one is buying it. He cares at insane levels. And he can’t hide it.
4) Dred – he plateaued. Stuck at xp++. And his emotions shows his frustration.
5) Beernozer – No comments needed.
Top 10 Koson 1v1, TG, and in Reg
8) Tigris Corbetti
Honorable mention: mYsTiKaLSouL – has improved and reached his all time peak. Soon ready for top 10 cho.
Top 10 Hitt 1v1, TG, and in Reg