UPDATE: I decided to start smurf occasionally and not host this tournament. Sorry, all. /IS aka Miguel pan-flute boi
OH YES, you read that right!
This is an idea that came out after sneaking into the RoR tourney archives and watching the golden ScreenShots stored there. Awesome compilation of RoR history!
So, inspired by those vintage tourneys, I’ve thought of the following rules:
1. 8 teams of 2 players (maybe extend to 12-16 if enough players). Each team must have a tag/name (see any RoR tourny archive to know what I mean)
2. Map = Conti, Huge size, no reveal.
3. Speed = 1.5 (unless both teams agree otherwise)
4. Civ = choose
5. Mode: Knockout (drops counts as loss as well, only 1 round). Also, severe / unplayable lagg will be considered as a loss for the lagger’s team. Come on, it’s 2013, we should all be able to afford a good internet connection by now. This will have to be witnessed so we’ll think of a way to proove this circumstance. Due to the high caliber of teams registered at the moment this rule may be changed to best out of 3. Stay tuned!
6. How to proof victory: Take a Screenshot and email to me / Have a random watcher in your game / Loser team recognizes loss.
7. Rules: No cheats / No pausing. We’ll think of measures to deal with this possibility in order to keep the games’ quality as high as possible.
8. Everyone’s welcome!! so persian + makri is a valid team.
PRIZE: $100 cash prize for the winning team (thanks to Mantis for the donation) & bragging rights of course.
So, find yer favorite player, set up a team, and post here, PM me in GR or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your TEAM NAME and players in it. Please, do not duplicate players (if bitch smurfs have more than 1 known name, please only use one of them). Accepting signups until October 1st, unless we get enough players before that date (whatever happens first).
The match dates will depend on the time when enough teams signup. Matches will be preferred to be played in weekends unless both team agree otherwise.
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
By signing up you hereby express your consent beforehand that if your team lose badly you may be subject to bullying by the other team for a little while (lol, just kidding)
REGISTERED TEAMS AT THE MOMENT
1.- “3-hour sleep pwners”: IronSteel / DevilZ_Mantis
2.- “Deal with the Teal”: Byakko / Idlepeon
3.- ”Serious!”: teh_pwnerer (hill_berries) + Tiny
4.- (no tag yet): HeavyCatapult / Azial44
5.- “Pwners of the Washed Up Has Beens”: mYsTikaL_SouL / VC_Vinhngo
6.- “Dutch Pwners” : mikel (Mikelangelo) / Puma (UnbrokeN, Noble_Puma)
7.- “Power of Japan – PoJ”: _SeiRen / arki
8.- “TV you cheating bitch”: Marady / vhn2000
9.- “Killing Generation Brazil”: KGB_Krazy / Klamn
10.- (no tag yet): Pweda287 / Vengeance
11.- “Steak anyone?”: smurfsteak (brainysmurf_10) / Catsteak
WE HAVE CURRENTLY 11 TEAMS, JUST ONE MORE AND BRACKETS WILL BE UP. MAY WAIT TO 16 BECAUSE STILL MANY PLAYERS WANT TO SIGN UP BUT HAVEN’T FOUND A PARTNER YET.
ALSO, PLEASE NOTE THAT MANY OF REGISTERED PLAYERS HAVE REQUESTED THAT MATCHES SHOULD BE PLAYED ON VOOBLY, AND I AGREE THAT VOOBLY GIVES A MUCH BETTER SUPPORT AND SECURITY FOR TOURNEYS THAN GAMERANGER. SO, KEEP IN MIND THAT VOOBLY MAY BE THE OFFICIAL SERVER FOR THE MATCHES. THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE YOUR THE ATTENTION.
Who’s included? Anyone who has touched RoR the past 6 months.
1. UnbrokeN – he did play, and yes he is still #1.
2. hill_berries – he didn’t play much RM, but once he played it fairly regular for 1 week he puppified nubs.
3. eat_sf – plays rarely, but he is one of the most underrated RM players of all time, miles ahead of the so called new elites.
4. RFR_Gold – didn’t play much at all, no motivation or desire or skill. But still better than anyone below him in this list.
5. mYsTiKaLSouL – always been a pro, always will be a pro.
6. hoh0dfx – rarely plays, yes. But he will still beat most active ror players.
7. Tiny – if he wants to pwn he will and he will pwn most players easily.
8. SeiRen – They say he is good, he improved etc. I smurfed him and deleted him. I also watched him once, good control, but clearly lacks knowledge of elite fundamentals.
9. vhn2000 – FTW guy that is underrated
10. Lots of xp++’s: VC_Vinhngo/Mikelangelo/Byakko/DevilZ_Mantis/IronSteel/juanchy/dred etc.
TEH ROR RM 2013 RANKS
First of all lemme clarifiy that this Rank is as seen by me and im not considering myself in it to make it absolutely bias-free. Please note that this rank is only considering the active players, so obviously top players like guldizzz, p00ma, and many others who may deserve a top 10 slot won’t be included simply cuz they haven’t been active enough, at least RM-wise. Also this rank includes every RM mode setts (1v1, conti 3v3, medit/hill 4v4, tool/bronze/iron age performance, etc,) besides kor cuz I give a damn about it and there’s plenty of recent ranks about it already.
Top 3 (in no particular order cuz they pwn in their own ways)
- Dane (mYsTiKaL_SouL, Prometheus): In my view he is the most consistently performing guy since my 2013 comeback. He was able to bring me a painful 3-0 streak in teh 3v3 conti even though I had superior civ in 2 of those games, which made me quit for a couple days to breathe fresh air. Dane masters tool rush, bronze wars, and whatever else he does he performs at elite level. TBH I don’t remember him being such a pwner back in 2007-2010, but he’s now top stuff. I also believe 100% he scored 7-0 1v1 any setts vs HB.
- Vinny (fishsauce, VC_Vinhngo, and many other smurf names): I dunno what has happened to this guy, he used to be my bitch back in the 2007-2010, but now he is a ferocious, blood-thirsty, mercyless guy. Vinny can boom, rush/take a rush, fast bronze, and fight like a warmaster like I’ve never seen him before. Undisputed top 3 guy as of 2013 active members.
- _SeiRen: Underrated by some, accused of being goldy smurfing by many, but no, he’s legit japan pro. This guy came out of nowhere (actually he played via mIRC with other japan pros) to bring unsuspected pwn to many, including me for quite some time, can perform with any civ, any map, any setts. He lacks tool rush but he can counter the rushs very well. He’s perhaps the most strong-minded player I’ve ever met: he never quits and always plays until there’s really nothing else left to do, he rebuilds quick, and brings teh pwn if he’s untouched. Legit, non-smurf pwner who deserves a 2013 top 3 spot.
Top 4-10 (in order)
- Fier: Bronze age warrior, fast bronzer all-out army, who can boom from 40 to 100 in 6 minutes after he rapes his guy. Fier is a player who can master and outperform any given map and is perhaps the hardest guy to rush as he scatters his vills all over the map, bronze and bring the pain. He stopped playing recently but when I first came back he crushed me with shang – 4sf close wood start, under 20 mins, truly a pwner with secret skills.
- HeavyCatapult: One game I was a victim of his micro, and after I noticed this guy has some serious pwn within his mouse. HC has achieved a truly solid RM level, apparently during my 2010-jun/2013 break, but he’s now a strong partner which I like to have in my team. The very fact that this guy could hold Dane and vinny as his guy says enough to me.
- arki: Top # 3 japan pro who streams his games and booms army/micro’s like I’ve rarely seen before. This guy is _SeiRen’s friend from mIRC who came quite recently to our servers to unleash his pwn to many. I believe all the leets listed here who have had the chance to try this guy knows what I’m talking about. Another great thing about this guy is his will to go on and his strong-mind just like _SeiRen. I played him a 1v1 conti which lasted 50 mins (I won tho) and I finished with a headache, truly strong player who may even bring the pain to our known old-school elites. Guldiz, you really need to test this dude out.
- vhn (vhn2000): He pwnt me when I first returned. I was rusty as hell but he could still make me suffer many games as my guy in 3v3. It is well known that vhn can play any map, any setts, any age, definately top 10 material.
- DevilZ_Mantis: Abused me a couple of times when I first came back, but recently I’ve noticed a decrease in his pwn. It is a fact tho when DM plays serious he’s a fearsome guy that can bring pwn in unsuspected ways. ReZpeKt to Man tits yo!
- Mtr_nike: Japanese solid xp+ who has set foot in our domains a couple of times. Teammate of _SeiRen and arki that when teamed together with these guys, unleashed fury on teams where Dane and Vinny were together. This fact speaks for itself. On a side note I would really like to see a goldy – puma – HB vs _Seiren – arki – mtr_nike, although I think goldy team would win these would be definitely solid ggs!
- InterpidElite: His will to pwn has ceased lately as he’s now trying to focus in DM, for reasons unknown to me. But what I know and seen is that when he tries he can take on anyone in this list. 2013 top 10 material if you ask me.
(i) Idlepeon: When I first came back I saw him pwn HB and Dane, I was like “wth? Goldy is that you?”. He claims he’s too old now but it makes no sense as 1 month ago he was bringing pain and couple weeks later he suddenly “has no control” cuz he’s “old”.
(ii) Byakko: Haven’t played much with him really but I know he can perform!
(iii) Tiny: Only played 1 game with him in which his team lost. He’s focused in DM as of today but I know if he wish he can still conquer RM once again.
(iv) tehBully (Goldy): The all-time pwneror, the very fact that I always suspect he’s around makes me always try to perform. #1 all time in my view and I want him back NAO!!!
(v) TexanVill (ThienVuong, hiepphiepp): Forgot to mention him since start. Although every once in a while he dies to makri (lol) he does his homework most of the times. Really annoying man when he’s the opposite’s team middle guy. Overall strong player.
If you’re wondering why u not on this least, either (a) I haven’t played with you at all or (b) You just don’t fit according to me.
The secrets of how quickly one small press of a button switches on dat emo.
<quitetehpwn> i lways said b4g was nab
<GULDHEDEN> that is 2003-2004 tho
<quitetehpwn> you thought i was craxzy
<quitetehpwn> i always hated “boomer” type players
<GULDHEDEN> b4g pwnt u 1v1 conti
<GULDHEDEN> aftert u talked mad shit
<quitetehpwn> i always knew they were inferior
<quitetehpwn> no he didn’t
<GULDHEDEN> he did
<quitetehpwn> someone got involved
<quitetehpwn> want me log off?
<GULDHEDEN> i remmber rornews thread
5 mins later…
<GULDHEDEN> i remember that
<GULDHEDEN> but b4g > you 2003
<GULDHEDEN> you became good only after igz
<quitetehpwn> b4g wasn’t clean either
<quitetehpwn> gg brah
<quitetehpwn has left the game room>
<You are now the host of the game room>
Players: hill_berries vs RFR_Gold
Game Type: AoE kor 2.0
Map: Highland No River
Point-of-view Game 1: Watcher (mikel watching hb)
Point-of-view Game 2: Watcher (mikel watching goldy)
Great news, fellow RoR Lovers!
A new and improved version of RoR has been released. And there are great possibilities for additional features to be added.
Age of Empires HD and Rise of Rome HD are massive updates for the original Age of Empires game and its expansion Rise of Rome. Best of all, it is free and available now! To play, Download Voobly then join the Age of Empires Lobby for Age of Empires HD or join the Rise of Rome Lobby for Rise of Rome HD and Voobly will automatically upgrade your game.
The key features include upgrading the game engine to support modern resolutions, including high definition resolutions 1920×1080, and widescreen displays (the original versions only supports up to 1024×768 resolution). Along with many other features.
Much more information available at http://rorhd.tk/
- High definition resolution - Full HD and widescreen resolutions are available.
- Random Civilizations - You are able to select “random civilization” where a random civ is selected each player in the game gets a unique civ chosen at random.
- Anti-Cheat - Voobly has spent over 7 years developing and updating the only working Anti-Cheat System for the Age of Empires Series to provide the best protection against all cheats. (Including maphack or nofog).
- Random Teams - When you select ?, the game will randomly match up the players on each team to make it 1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4,etc.
- Mirrored Civilizations - This option allows each team to receive the same civilizations as the other team, providing a more even match up in your game by eliminating the possibilities of having a team with all weak civilizations. So, e.g.: in a two vs. two the civs that are chosen might be Minoan and Greek and each team will have one person as Minoan and Greek.
- New Map Types - You can now choose Continental with rivers (shallows) and without.
- Colored Chat Text - chat text will show in the color of the players name.
- 300 – 1000 Population Limits - You can select population limits up to 1000, including 300, 350, 400, 450
- Multiple Monitor Support - If you have multiple screens you can now enable the multi-monitor support on Voobly and the game will span across all your screens. The only requirement is that you set your the monitor on the left as the primary display within Microsoft Windows display settings.
- Window-Mode - It is possible to launch in window-mode, simply click the “Game” button in your game room and select “Directx” and check the “Render in 32bit color” and the “Start in window-mode”.
AoE in 1920*1080.
To use this feature for a single screen in any game room select “Force Desktop Resolution In Game”. The options are shown in the screenshot below:
If you want a different resolution then your default desktop resolution change your resolution before you launch the game:
Much more information available at http://rorhd.tk/
If you have any suggestions or comments on this update please contact me at any time here at rornews.
In the coming weeks they will also look to launch a 1.0 version and bring over as many Vietnamese/Chinese players as possible.
Come join us at Voobly and play an improved version of RoR where Magma’s no fogging won’t be an issue any more!
Just like the The Lagotto Romagnolo dogs are famous for using their accute sense of smell to find truffles, I’ve been known to catch even the most elaborate smurph attempts.
This time, however, it was easier than pwning VN and Master 2v2 Koson, with dat gnarly choson pwnerer as pard.
So, MUHEET thinks it is a good idea to first post as GanGnAm and be like “wahh, who is MUHEET??!??!?!”, and then 6 minutes later “wahh wahh wahh I don’t play ror anymore”.
That itself is one hell of a tell-tale sign, to say the least. And while that was suffice PROOF in its own right, the level of epic phailedness does not stop there. I kid you not – this kid actually used the same computer and IP to make both posts. Smart. LOLZ!
Have a look at this week’s edition of ‘A Tale of Epic Phail”:
What a stupid ass attempt, to a) post with 6 minutes inbetween and b) using same IP. But we do thank you, MACHMOOD MOHAMMED ALLIH ABDULLAH, for giving us the chance to enjoy your epic phail.
Teh epic phailedness continues… Now Machmehammoudedued’s imaginary cousin has entered the picture. It appears he too ‘uses the same computer’ as his ‘cousins’ MUHEET and Gangnam. ROFLOLOLOLMAOLOLHAHALOL. Also cute to note that MUHEET’s explanation is that they are brothers. Let’s play with the thought that it is true that MUHEET and Gangnam indeed are brother. Then, how come Gangnam’s response was:
“and let me tell you guys something who the hell is muheet?”
He does not know his own brother? The same very brother he shares a computer with? HAHAHAHA
Note how his “cousin” is talking shit to this RFR_Maverick character. To me that seemed a bit conspicuous, so I did a bit of additional digging to see what that’s all about. Surprise, surprise, this guy uses the same computer as well.
Dare I say ROFLOLOLOLOOLMAO, EPIC PHAIL LULZ?!
Keep it up, brah! We’re having a good laugh.
PS. I guess there is a possibility only one computer exists in entire Pakistan? Lulz.
Players: hill_berries and his puppets
Game Type: Cho War
Point-of-view: hill_berries (Real POV)
Headless chicken with very accurate keyboard!